Run a Workshop
Hosting a Workshop
Innoweave partners with community organizations and networks to host workshops for their communities. Workshop hosts typically help identify and select participants, arrange logistics, and promote the workshop in their community.
Innoweave will provide support and tools to organizations that are interested in hosting a workshop. We can also provide connections to trained facilitators who can deliver the content for a local workshop.
Community Foundations, United Ways and community organizations are currently some of Innoweave’s key partners in hosting workshops.
If you are interested in hosting a workshop for one of the Innoweave modules and would like to learn more, please e-mail email@example.com.
Facilitating a Workshop
This resource library compiles the top reports, tools and research that Innoweave Social Enterprise can use as they prepare for and deliver their workshops.
All the files link to a Box site, where you can preview, download, and make comments on documents. To be given access to this Box folder, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Tips for using Box can be found at the bottom of this page.
As you prepare for this workshop, the following resources might be helpful:
- A sample agenda for a typical Social Enterprise workshop.
- A PowerPoint deck with all Social Enterprise workshop content. This can be used as the base of your workshop.
- A workbook to be distributed to workshop participants which includes exercises to be completed by groups throughout the workshop.
Micro-Tools: Quick exercises to help develop a social enterprise
Innoweave has adapted a series of micro-tools for the Social Enterprise Module. They can be used as standalone exercises or as part of working through a module and implementing a new approach.
- Business Model Canvas: Create a quick Social Enterprise plan here
- Experience Map: Understand how customers relate to you here
- Partnerships Map: Plan and assess partnerships for your social enterprise here
- Stakeholder Visualization: Understand the customers for your Social Enterprise here
- Target Group: Know your Social Enterprise target customer groups here
- Theory of Change: Align your activities with your impacts here
Workshop facilitators may wish to recommend using these micro-tools:
- After the Introduction to Social Enterprise webinar, as an exploratory exercise
- As preparation for an Innoweave Social Enterprise workshop
- During a Social Enterprise workshop, as determined by the facilitator
- During the coaching phase, as determined by an Innoweave Social Enterprise Coach
Tips for Using Box:
- After sending your request to email@example.com, you will be invited to join the "Innoweave Social Enterprise Workshop Materials" Box folder by e-mail. You must accept the invitation. If you don't already have a Box account, you will have to create one to access the files.
- Once you are logged on to Box, you can also navigate to files directly from the Innoweave site, by clicking on the individual document links.
- Inside Box, you can click on any folder or document to view its contents. Click "download" on the top right to save the file to your computer in its original file form (e.g. ppt, doc, xls).
- If you'd like, you can add comments to any of the documents. These are only visible to your fellow facilitators (i.e. they are not public).