National Webinar - Seniors SI
National Webinar on developing a Community-wide Approaches to Reducing Seniors Social Isolation
Innoweave recently launched Seniors SI, a new partnership with the Government of Canada to help communities across Canada generate, implement, and scale socially innovative approaches to reduce the social isolation of seniors.
Seniors SI is designed to work in partnership with the federal New Horizons for Seniors Program (NHSP). On March 27th, the Honourable Alice Wong, Minister of State (Seniors) announced the NHSP’s next Call for Proposals will open in May 2015. This Call will invest up to $21M in community-wide approaches to reduce social isolation for seniors. Successful projects will be supported by Innoweave and will be geographically grouped.
During the webinar, Innoweave will provide an overview of Seniors SI and will outline the key issue areas community leaders may wish to explore as they consider taking advantage of this program, including:
- What is needed in our community to tangibly reduce the rate of social isolation for seniors?
- What do we have available in our community to address this issue?
- What would we need to add in order to tangibly address this issue?
- How might we collaborate to achieve these outcomes?
- What are the next steps (if any)?
Participants in the online session who register by May 1st will be advised if any other participants from their region have registered, should they wish to connect.