Explore and Experiment
Explore & Experiment: How Labs Can Develop New Approaches to Tackle Complex Social Challenges
Are you interested in gaining a deeper understanding of social innovation lab approaches and how to address complex issues through experimentation? Are you planning to start or already running a lab, or another kind of innovation unit? Are you working in an organization looking to drive change using lab-like processes? If so, we invite you to learn more about a new workshop series!
From January to June 2017, Innoweave and MaRS Solutions Lab will offer a series of virtual workshops for organizations who are exploring starting a lab (with others or within their own organization) or who want to apply lab approaches in their work. Workshop content will focus on:
- Exploring Complex Problems: Systems and design research
- Convening & Co-creation: How to engage stakeholders
- Prototyping: Experimenting for social change
- Scaling & Measuring Impact
- Building Your Lab or Innovation Unit (business model, fundraising)
For who: Teams and/or individuals who want to experiment with new ways to address complex challenges. This includes:
- Teams that are starting or already running a lab (or innovation unit) and want to know more about what approach to take
- Teams or individuals working in not-for-profit organizations and public sector agencies that are tasked to encourage experimental approaches in their organization
This workshop series will be offered in English. Workshops will consist of presentations, discussion and interactive exercises. If you want to know more about this new program, please join the information webinar:
What: Information webinar about new workshop series on Innovation Labs and Units
When: December 8, 2016, 12pm-1pm EST
At the end of this webinar, you will have a good idea whether the workshop series is a good fit for you and your team. The workshop series will begin at the end of January 2017, and go through to the end of June 2017. It includes 10 virtual workshops plus coaching support for a selected number of teams. Applications for the full workshop series open soon and close December 15, 2016.