Innoweave has moved to MakeWay!

Learn More

Apply for Support

Innoweave offers funding to assist changemakers in accessing coaching to learn and implement a new approach.

You may be aware that Innoweave is undergoing some big shifts at MakeWay. While this funding round will not significantly change Innoweave’s coaching support, it will help us gather insights so that we can continue developing our understanding of the social purpose sector’s needs. As part of this process, in 2024, we will run pilot projects and engage the Innoweave community to refine our offerings. You can expect an invitation to discuss some of your ideas with us in the coming months! 

Important update on Innoweave’s granting process & timeline 

2024 Intake Period 

Please note that this is a two-step application process. Submit your expression of interest by April 26th, 2024. Successful applicants will be invited to the second stage, the Request for Support. 

Expression of Interest 

  • Must be submitted through our online portal* and are due by: April 26th, 2024
  • Applicants will be notified within 2 to 3 weeks of the deadline if they are approved to proceed to the second phase (a Request for Support).

Request for Support  

  • Must be submitted through our online portal and are due by: June 21st, 2024
  • Applicants will receive a response within 8 weeks of the deadline.

Changes in Funding Structure 

In the 2024 funding round, you may apply for the following maximum amounts. Of these amounts, Innoweave will contribute up to a maximum of 75%. Participant organizations are responsible for the other 25%. If the program cost is an obstacle to your participation, please get in touch so that we can explore options together. 

All financial support from Innoweave must be directed toward coaching costs.

Impact and Strategic Clarity   $20,000 over one year to develop an intended impact statement, Theory of Change, and action plan.  
Scaling Impact  $15,000 over a year to develop a plan for scaling an already demonstrated impact. 
Impact Measurement   $15,000 over one year to formulate and implement an impact measurement strategy.  
Developmental Evaluation   $20,000 over two years to clarify a complex change or implementation situation (this coaching stream is NOT about developing an evaluation framework for an organization) 
Social Enterprise   $15,000 over one year directed at either a feasibility study or developing a business plan.  
Policy Engagement   $15,000 over one year to narrow your strategy and navigate the system to achieve policy change.  
Collective Impact (Early support)    $20,000 over two years to clarify the core working group, the population level change objective, and the collective impact plan. 

Review the Applicant Guide

Please be sure to review the Applicant Guide for detailed information on the application process, funding structure, eligibility requirements, and how to register to begin an application via the portal. Please note that for the time being, we are still operating from the McConnell Foundation’s Fluxx portal. 

Applicant Guide

Eligibility and Requirements 

Teams of 2-5 participants from Canadian charities, non-profits, and social purpose organizations looking to leverage social innovation tools to support their impact can apply. 

Innoweave has introduced a team-based learning approach for individuals seeking coaching support. We now require 2-5 individuals from the same organization to engage in the coaching process together. These team members should be aware of the Innoweave application and understand the motivation behind seeking coaching. If you progress to the second phase of the application process, you’ll be asked to provide details about the individuals who will be joining you on this learning journey. 

For stream-specific details and requirements, please select the stream of interest from the menu below.

How to Apply for Support

Impact and Strategic Clarity

Impact and Strategic Clarity coaching helps individual participants develop their knowledge and skills to produce deliverables that can enhance their organization’s impact, including: 

The process is offered at a rate of $20,000 per organization regardless of the number of individuals participating in team-based learning sessions. This includes working sessions, bi-weekly team-based coaching and support on materials development. Organizations may apply to Innoweave for up to $15,000 of support towards the coaching of their team and are expected to cover the remaining $5,000 (plus applicable taxes). Any additional expenses can be negotiated with your coach and could include travel or additional support, as needed. 

Coach Requirement 

This is the only Innoweave stream that requires applicants to select a coach from our roster of coaches who have received a special training to facilitate the Impact & Strategic Clarity process. You can find a list of eligible coaches in our coach directory.

How to Apply? 

Teams of 2 to 5 participants are eligible to apply for Innoweave coaching support if they have submitted an Expression of Interest and it has been approved. Review the Applicant Guide for more details on how to submit and Expression of Interest. 

The application should be completed by a team member with in-depth knowledge about the organization and in consultation with other members, especially those planning to participate in the coaching process.

Preview application questions 

Apply Now

How to Apply for Support

Collective Impact (Early Support)

This stream helps participants from a group of different organizations apply the Collective Impact approach to achieve a shared population-level impact goal. Through customized coaching, the process is designed to help participants build a comprehensive plan on how to move forward with a successful Collective Impact initiative.

Collaboratives can request up to $20,000 over two years to help subsidize the cost of coaching. Of this amount, Innoweave can contribute up to a maximum of 75%. Participating organizations are expected to cover the other 25%. However, If the program cost is an obstacle to your participation, please get in touch so that we can explore options together.

Innoweave coaching supports aim to help participants of new/developing as well as established collectives/coalitions to*:   

*Collaboratives that have strong elements of a Collective Impact plan already in place and believe that they need a customized approach to their coaching/funding should contact info@innoweave.ca to discuss options for moving forward.  

How to Apply? 

Collaboratives are eligible to apply for Innoweave coaching support if you have submitted an Expression of Interest and it has been approved. Review the Applicant Guide for more details on how to submit and Expression of Interest.

Where possible, the fiduciary lead for the collaborative should fill out and complete this application. This person should also be a participant of the coaching engagement. If your collaborative currently has no fiduciary lead identified, please contact us at info@innoweave.ca to discuss who should be the lead organization for this application.

Preview application questions 

Apply Now

How to Apply for Support

Policy Engagement

This stream helps leaders of social purpose organizations understand, communicate, and work with policy-makers, practitioners, organizations, businesses, and/or segments of the public to promote policy changes that will advance the outcomes that their community seeks.  

Policy Engagement coaching can help you:  

Applicants can request up to $15,000 over one year to help subsidize the cost of coaching. Of this amount, Innoweavecan contribute up to a maximum of 75%, with participating organizations expected to cover the other 25%. Note: if the program cost is an obstacle to your participation, please get in touch so that we can explore options together. 

How to Apply? 

Teams of 2 to 5 participants are eligible to apply for Innoweave coaching support if they have submitted an Expression of Interest and it has been approved. Review the Applicant Guide for more details on how to submit and Expression of Interest. 

The application should be completed by a team member with in-depth knowledge about the organization/collective and in consultation with other members, especially those planning to participate in the coaching process.

Preview application questions 

Apply Now

How to Apply for Support

Developmental Evaluation

This stream helps leaders from social purpose organizations increase the impact of their work by providing real-time data and feedback to adapt an intervention as it unfolds. In contrast to formative or summative evaluation, Developmental Evaluation supports the creation, development, or radical adaptation of a model in real-time. It is particularly well-suited to initiatives that are being implemented in quickly changing contexts, and can be used by teams that are:  

Applicants can request up to $20,000 over two years to help subsidize the cost of coaching. Of this amount, Innoweavecan contribute up to a maximum of 75%, with participating organizations expected to cover the other 25%. Note: if the program cost is an obstacle to your participation, please get in touch so that we can explore options together.  

How to Apply? 

Teams of 2 to 5 participants are eligible to apply for Innoweave coaching support if they have submitted an Expression of Interest and it has been approved. Review the Applicant Guide for more details on how to submit and Expression of Interest. 

The application should be completed by a team member with in-depth knowledge about the organization and in consultation with other members, especially those planning to participate in the coaching process.  

Preview application questions 

Apply Now

How to Apply for Support

Scaling Impact

This stream helps participants from an organization to find its own unique strategy to achieve its Scaling Impact goals. Developing and implementing a Scaling Impact strategy is a complex process. It is highly context specific and can be challenging and time consuming. Scaling Impact often requires organizational changes, including new capacities, skills, and resources, as well as different relationships. It may also necessitate a willingness to let go of particular aspects of existing work and/or embrace an entirely new approach. 

Applicants can request up to $15,000 over one year to help subsidize the cost of coaching. Of this amount, Innoweave can contribute up to a maximum of 75%, with participating organizations expected to cover the other 25%. Note: if the program cost is an obstacle to your participation, please get in touch so that we can explore options together. 

How to Apply? 

Teams of 2 to 5 participants are eligible to apply for Innoweave coaching support if they have submitted an Expression of Interest and it has been approved. Review the Applicant Guide for more details on how to submit and Expression of Interest. 

The application should be completed by a team member with in-depth knowledge about the organization and in consultation with other members, especially those planning to participate in the coaching process.

Preview application questions 

Apply Now

How to Apply for Support

Impact Measurement

Innoweave’s Impact Measurement coaching stream strengthens the impact measurement approaches and capacities of teams working at nonprofits and charities by clarifying key concepts, reviewing potential approaches and choices, and applying actionable implementation guidance. This work includes:  

Applicants can request up to $15,000 over one year to help subsidize the cost of coaching. Of this amount, Innoweave can contribute up to a maximum of 75%, with participating organizations expected to cover the other 25%. Note: if the program cost is an obstacle to your participation, please get in touch so that we can explore options together. 

Prerequisite 

Applying organizations must have a Theory of Change. The applicant will be asked to upload a copy of the organizational Theory of change at the Expression of Interest step. 

How to Apply? 

Teams of 2 to 5 participants are eligible to apply for Innoweave coaching support if they have submitted an Expression of Interest and it has been approved. Review the Applicant Guide for more details on how to submit and Expression of Interest. 

The application should be completed by a team member with in-depth knowledge about the organization and in consultation with other members, especially those planning to participate in the coaching process.

Preview application questions 

Apply Now

How to Apply for Support

Social Enterprise

This coaching stream helps participants from an organization explore ideas for how they can further their social impact goals and generate revenue through an enterprise model. The focus is on helping established social-purpose organizations identify business opportunities, assess viability, and plan for launch.  

Applicants can request up to $15,000 over one year to help subsidize the cost of coaching. Of this amount, Innoweave can contribute up to a maximum of 75%, with participating organizations expected to cover the other 25%. Note: if the program cost is an obstacle to your participation, please get in touch so that we can explore options together. 

How to Apply? 

Teams of 2 to 5 participants are eligible to apply for Innoweave coaching support if they have submitted an Expression of Interest and it has been approved. Review the Applicant Guide for more details on how to submit and Expression of Interest.  

The application should be completed by a team member with in-depth knowledge about the organization or social enterprise and in consultation with other members, especially those planning to participate in the coaching process.

Preview application questions 

Apply Now