Seniors SI - Winnipeg Engagement Session
Meeting on developing a Community-wide Approach to Reducing Seniors Social Isolation
Innoweave recently launched Seniors SI, a new partnership with the Government of Canada to help communities across Canada generate, implement, and scale socially innovative approaches to reduce the social isolation of seniors.
Seniors SI is designed to work in partnership with the federal New Horizons for Seniors Program (NHSP). On March 27th, the Honourable Alice Wong, Minister of State (Seniors) announced the NHSP’s next Call for Proposals will open in May 2015. This Call will invest up to $21M in community-wide approaches to reduce social isolation for seniors. Successful projects will be supported by Innoweave and will be geographically grouped.
At the meeting, Innoweave will provide an overview of Seniors SI and will engage community leaders in Winnipeg in a facilitated discussion on the following topics:
- What is needed in our community to tangibly reduce the rate of social isolation for seniors?
- What do we have available in our community to address this issue?
- What would we need to add in order to tangibly address this issue?
- How might we collaborate to achieve these outcomes?
- What are the next steps (if any)?
The meeting will take place on May 6th from 1:00-3:00pm at the United Way of Winnipeg, 580 Main Street, 3rd floor meeting space.