Sean Campbell is the Principal of Scaled Purpose, a consultancy which develops strategic plans and supports the implementation of new programs for not-for-profits, charities, and co-operatives. Current projects include:
- Developing a program plan for the launch of a new daily meal program for individuals that experience homelessness
- Developing a strategic plan and revenue diversification strategy for a charity that provides health services to “people who use drugs”
- Create a social enterprise strategy for a program that certifies adult literacy educators.
- Lead monthly co-operative entrepreneurship workshops for women of colour in Durham.
- Research financing needs of social enterprises in South Western Ontario
- Develop an affordable housing finance strategy for a rural municipality
Sean is a founding member and senior staff person for Ontario’s first community real estate co-operative (Union: Sustainable Development Co-operative) that will leverage community investments to provide affordable storefronts for small businesses and affordable housing for those in need.
Sean holds a Bachelors of Business Administration from Wilfrid Laurier University, a Master of Environmental Studies at the University of Waterloo, and is currently a PhD Candidate in Sustainability Management at the University of Waterloo where he is researching the financing strategies of social purpose organizations.
Areas of Expertise
Explore and Experiment, Scaling Impact, Social Enterprise, Social Finance
Union: Sustainable Development Co-operative, EcoSchools Canada